EasySocial Wish List (for later)

Ultimate bridge for connecting Joomla! and phpBB 3.
Forum rules
This forum is not for any support questions/issues/features. Please use Support Center for such requests.
MrAnonymous
Rookie
Rookie
Name: Neel

Re: EasySocial Wish List (for later)

Post by MrAnonymous »

Would you also be able to create these features:

1) Show a "Forum" tab in easysocial profiles that shows all the posts and topics that user created in phpBB?

2) Are we also able to show the number of forum posts stats inside that box that shows in profile page at the right side of Cover photo? (I mean the boxes that shows friends, followers, etc..)? If its possible, how does this work, is it like an app the user enables or can admin choose what stats to show here?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Name: Administrator
Browser: Chrome

Post by Admin »

1) Show a "Forum" tab in easysocial profiles that shows all the posts and topics that user created in phpBB?
It already exists.
2) Are we also able to show the number of forum posts stats inside that box that shows in profile page at the right side of Cover photo? (I mean the boxes that shows friends, followers, etc..)? If its possible, how does this work, is it like an app the user enables or can admin choose what stats to show here?
For now it't not possible, but we will think about this feature.
MrAnonymous
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MrAnonymous »

Thanks for considering my second request. :)

And sorry you missed my previous post.
MrAnonymous wrote:
Admin wrote:Currently we are working on wall posts on new topics/posts events and groups synchronizations.
With the above notification that gets added to the wall when a user creates or posts in phpbb topics, is it possible to disable comments in EasySocial for that so that users have to come to forum to reply? This is because, I dont users to posts response from EasySocial wall itself then the phpbb forum topic is be empty with just questions.

And, when I tested EasySocial demo, I noticed that when a new topic is created in EasyDiscuss, it adds the wall notification like "xyz started a new discussion" and also shows an icon on the right side of the post (like quotes) that shows 'discussions' on hover. Would something like that be shown for phpbb posts too? Like an icon that stands out so forum activity can be easily identified?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There will be no posting facilities from EasySocial.
Icon should exist.
MrAnonymous
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MrAnonymous »

Here is another I might like to add to this wish list. If possible, it will be great if phpbb topic reply notifications and post notifications are sent to EasySocial's notification system (I dont if it already does that when the post updates are added to the wall activities). If something like this is not possible with 3.0.x, I wonder if it might be possible to implement this for phpbb 3.1 since 3.1 has notification system for this purpose already.
MrAnonymous
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MrAnonymous »

Hi Admin,

Can I ask, do you have an approximate ETA on when you might be able to release more integration with EasySocial like User Points, Achievement Badges for forum activities?

And are the phpbb user avatars synced with EasySocial yet or is this feature still under development?
Last edited by MrAnonymous on July 31st, 2014, 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Tomorrow we will release it!

New features are stream activities for new topic/post, points for new topic/post and 2 badges for given amount of topics/posts created.

Avatar changes are already synched in current version.
MrAnonymous
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MrAnonymous »

ah... thats great news! With the new topic/post points & badges, does it only apply to new topics and posts created after the plugin is set-up? What happens to users who already has 100s of topics and 1000s of posts before the ES plugin was installed? Does it calculate the previous post and topic counts and add the correct points and badges for existing users?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, points and badges are applied to new topics and posts created after the new bridge version is setup.
We will think about updating points and badges records with actual amount of posts and topics.
NorCal
Name: Paul
Browser: firefox

Post by NorCal »

for those using EasySocial, how are you dealing with members having two profiles to manage i.e. phpBB and easysocial? How about the display of the phpBB username in phpBB posts and other areas rather than the "Name" field in Joomla/EasySocial?

Personally I'd prefer to have one single member profile and for that to be EasySocial. This is for example how you'd work with Kunena. I'd also prefer to use the "Name" (aka Real Name) in forum displays because I think it is nonsensical to publicly display your login name and it also presents a problem if you are allowing members to signup with their email address as their user/login name. You obviously can't be displaying a bunch of email addresses all over your forum.