Direct Alias Pro
- Removes parent menu items' aliases from URLs per menu item or for all menu items.
- Removes menu items' aliases from article URLs per category or for all articles. Direct article URLs are preserved.
- Simple code, works fast.
- Display and highlight of menu item in menu modules is preserved.
- Old URLs with original aliases are redirected to new URLs with 301 status (this feature is missed in free version).
- Easy installation: just install and publish 'System - Direct Alias Pro' plugin, order it first in 'system' group of plugins, edit settings.
- Works with Falang except menu items alias translations in 'FaLang Language Switcher' module.
Want a new feature? Why not? Please Contact Us!
- Joomla! 3.9.x or 4.x.
- PHP >=7.2 with mb_string.
- Edit of other custom extensions which load Joomla routers directly can be required (note that Joomla auto-loads component routers and they should not be included directly).
- Incompatible with Gantry5 templates, RokNavMenu module (they use none-native Joomla code).
- Using Falang? It works! Falang database driver plugin should be ordered before this plugin under 'system' plugins group.
01 June 2021 - ver. 2.1.1:
- Fix: issue with short article URLs when article alias is translated via Falang.
08 September 2020 - ver. 2.1.0:
- Feature: Joomla 4 compatibility.
09 May 2020 - ver. 2.0.1:
- Fix: redirect from original long URLs.
10 January 2019 - ver. 2.0.0:
- Fix: issue with shortened article URLs for multilingual websites and articles with page breaks.
- Change: Joomla 3.9 as minimum.
- Feature: Joomla 4 compatibility.
29 August 2018 - ver. 1.3.1:
- Fix: shortened articles URLs on non-default language.
- Fix: issue with shortened article URLs and multilingual websites.
24 October 2017 - ver .1.3.0:
- Change: Joomla 3.8 as minimum.
- Change: PHP 5.5 as minimim.
- Change: 'Remove Tag ID', 'Remove Content Article ID', 'Remove Content Category ID' and 'Append Content Article ID' settings removed.
- Feature: new option to shorten article URLs in a form of http://site.com/article-alias.
18 September 2017 - ver 1.2.0:
- Changes for Joomla 3.8 release:
- Change: 'Remove Tag ID' setting doesn't take affect since Joomla 3.7.0 (when it started to remove IDs from tags URLs itself).
- Change: 'Remove Content Article ID', 'Remove Content Category ID' and 'Append Content Article ID' settings don't take affect since Joomla 3.8.0, use Articles component setting 'Remove IDs from URLs' when 'URL Routing' is Experimental.
- Feature: previous article URLs with appended IDs are auto-redirected to new URLs with 301 status.
- Fix: fatal error on on Joomla 3.7 with all disabled options.
- Fix: sometimes 404 errors are not triggered on URLs like http://site.com/BAD-SEGMENT/menu-item-alias/parent-cat-alias/child-cat-alias/article-alias
- See more details about new Joomla 3.8 routing here: https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:New_Routing_System
12 May 2017 - ver. 1.1.6:
- Fix: incorrect article links menu item on Joomla 3.7.
28 April 2017 - ver. 1.1.5:
- Feature: auto-find of tags menu item for tags.
- Feature: new setting 'Shorten All URLs' allows to remove all parent aliases for all menu items.
- Fix: category links from 'List All Categories' menu item.
- Fix: Joomla 3.7 compatibility.
14 March 2016 - ver. 1.1.4:
- Feature: ability to select categories of articles to remove IDs from URLs.
- Feature: ability to append Joomla article ID to alias in URL (for selected categories).
14 Jan 2015 - ver 1.1.3:
- Fix: possible issue with permanent redirect of old URL without direct alias.
20 November 2015 - ver 1.1.2:
- Fix: invalid routing of article page without ID if its alias is duplicated in multiple categories.
- Fix: first word of tag alias is missed sometimes.
- Fix: Falang compatibility.
- Fix: wrong canonical link on tag view.
12.05.2015 - ver. 1.1.1:
- Feature: new plugin setting 'Redirect Old URLs' helps to redirect old URLs with original aliases to new URLs with 301 status.
15.02.2015 - ver. 1.1.0:
- Feature: improved performance for large menus.
03 December 2014 - ver. 1.0.0