p8pBB bridge light
- No hacks to Joomla! or phpBB3 is required. Only four Joomla library files are auto-updated but the changes are safe and does not affect normal Joomla behavior.
- Synchronization of login/logout in phpBB to Joomla and vice verse.
- Synchronization of registration in phpBB to Joomla and vice verse.
- Synchronization of user delete in phpBB to Joomla and vice verse.
- Synchronization of user delete/activate/deactivate in phpBB ACP to Joomla.
- Synchronization of changing profile data (email and password) in phpBB to Joomla including language setting.
- Synchronization of Joomla usergroups and phpBB groups changes.
- Synchronization of Joomla custom user fields and phpBB custom profile fields changes.
- Silent account transfer from phpBB to Joomla after logging in phpBB (Joomla! user logs in phpBB and new phpBB account is created from Joomla user account) and vice-verse.
- Auto-creation of new user in phpBB if new/existing Joomla user is saved.
- Restore phpBB password from Joomla on successful Joomla login and vice-verse.
- Ability to reload parent window once user logs in or out, this helps with refreshing of Joomla page if phpBB is loaded inside iframe wrapper.
- JComments avatars plugin.
- English installation instructions.
- Highly-configurable 'Latest Activity' module to display recent forums topics/posts.
- Free installation on request.
We also offer a paid service of Kunena-to-phpBB3 conversion which carefully converts all Kunena data including smilies, ranks, attachments, users, moderators and avatars from either Community Builder, JomSocial, EasySocial or Kunena. Converter can be used for converting large Kunena forums (tested on forum with 5000+ members and 25000+ replies). Kunena 3.2.1+ is required.
Want a new feature? Why not? Please Contact Us!
- Joomla 4.4 or higher installed and working correctly.
- phpBB 3.3.5+ installed and working correctly.
- PHP 8.1 as min, with mb_string.
- MySQL >= 5.7 with different database users for Joomla! and phpBB.
- "mysqli" database drivers for both Joomla! and phpBB.
- Joomla! and phpBB should be installed on the same domain.
- Joomla! should be installed in the root domain folder (i.e. https://site.com), phpBB should be installed and loaded in the first-level domain folder (i.e. https://site.com/phpBB3).
- Joomla! and phpBB should be resolved from the same domain (note that site.com and www.site.com are different domains).
- The price includes 1 year none-recurrent subscription. Downloads of product add-ons and new versions will be available within this subscription period.
- We can't 100% guarantee that this product will work with any 3rd party Joomla! or phpBB add-ons and modifications and won't modify this extension or 3rd party Joomla! or phpBB add-ons for working together.
20 Oct 2023 - ver. 3.1.0:
- Feature: Joomla 5 compatibility.
- Change: PHP 8.1 as min, Joomla 4.4 as min.
26 Jul 2023 - ver. 3.0.0:
- Fix: issue with manual Joomla user activation with phpBB non-default password complexity.
- Change: Joomla 3 support dropped.
- Change: PHP 8.0 as min.
- Update instructions: unpublish two p8pbb plugins in Joomla, disable p8pbb extension in phpBB3. Install new Joomla package and overwrite files in phpBB extension. Purge phpBB cache, enable Joomla plugins and phpBB extension.
20 Mar 2023 - ver. 2.3.1:
- Fix: users not synced with PHP 8.1+
15 Feb 2023 - ver. 2.3.0:
- Feature: added "Latest Activity" module to display posts/topics from phpBB.
26 Apr 2022 - ver. 2.2.3:
- Fix: Gantry5 compatibility.
21 Feb 2022 - ver. 2.2.2:
- Fix: Joomla 4 compatibility.
20 Feb 2022 - ver. 2.2.1:
- Fix: Joomla 4 compatibility.
08 Feb 2022 - ver. 2.2.0:
- Fix: phpBB 3.3.5 is required as minimum.
28 August 2021 - ver. 2.1.0:
- Fix: Joomla4 compatibility.
03 March 2021 - ver. 2.0.3:
- Fix: Gantry compatibility.
14 Jan 2020 - ver. 2.0.2:
- Fix: phpBB 3.3.0 compatibility.
13 June 2019 - ver. 2.0.1:
- Fix: Joomla 3.9.6 login/logout.
26 February 2019 - ver. 2.0.0:
- Feature: JComments avatars plugin.
- Fix: issue with Joomla>phpBB login on disabled forum.
- Changes: Joomla 3.9 and phpBB 2.3 as minimum, PHP 7 as minimum.
- Feature: synchronization of Joomla usergroups and phpBB groups changes.
- Feature: synchronization of Joomla custom user fields and phpBB profile fields changes.
15 January 2017 - ver. 1.3.5:
- Feature: phpBB 3.2 and Joomla 3.8 support
- Note: this is the last version with Joomla 2.5 and phpBB 3.0 support.
26 October 2016 - ver. 1.3.4:
- Fix: Joomla 3.6.4 compatibility.
26 August 2016 - ver. 1.3.3:
- Fix: Joomla 3.6.2 compatibility.
25 July 2016 - ver. 1.3.2:
- Feature: new phpBB user is auto-created once existing Joomla user profile is saved.
- Fix: Joomla 3.6 compatibility.
10 June 2015 - ver. 1.3.1
- Fix: some issues with PHP 5.3
02 February 2015:
- Fix: no login to phpBB from Joomla if maximum login attempts is reached.
- Fix: K2 compatibility.
- Feature: auto-create new user in phpBB if existing Joomla user is saved.
- Feature: restore phpBB password from Joomla on successful Joomla login.
- Feature: phpBB 3.1 compatibility.
08 May 2014 - ver. 1.2.5
- Fix: restoring password from phpBB for Joomla 3.3.
28 May 2013 - ver. 1.2.4
- Improved login with SEO MOD installed
24 Apr 2013 - ver. 1.2.3
- Added ability to reload parent frame once user logs in or our.
03 Feb 2013 - ver. 1.2.2
- Fixed possible issue with ACP login error
- Added synchronization of user activation/deactivation in phpBB ACP Inactive Users list to Joomla
10 Feb 2013 - ver. 1.2.1
- added phpBB->Joomla user delete synchronization
16 Dec 2012 - ver. 1.2.0 for Joomla! 3