Pre sales question - Integration with cb / cb subs

Tips and best practice of integration phpBB with Community Builder.
Forum rules
This forum is not for any support questions/issues/features. Please use Support Center for such requests.
rowberry
Name: Sam

Pre sales question - Integration with cb / cb subs

Post by rowberry »

Hi
I hope you dont mind me asking before we purchase, but I wondered whether you could answer a couple of questions for me?

1. I am using Joomla 3, CB Subs and CB and I need to integrate phpbb in such a way that it looks as though it is an integral part of my joomla site. Can this happen?

2. The users of our site register using CB Subs, then access their profiles etc using CB. your bridge sychronise my joomla / CB users with phpbb? Phpbb will only be available to registered and logged in users, so the usernames will be created first.

3. Will the usernames in phpbb link back to the that users cb profile by any chance?

Hope to hear from you soon,
Thanks in advance
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Name: Administrator
Browser: Chrome

Re: Pre sales question - Integration with cb / cb subs

Post by Admin »

1. I am using Joomla 3, CB Subs and CB and I need to integrate phpbb in such a way that it looks as though it is an integral part of my joomla site. Can this happen?
Yes, you can use bridge in wrapped mode - like this forum.
This mode requires specially adopted phpBB styles, we provide adopted default phpBB styles jprosilver and jsubsilver2.
2. The users of our site register using CB Subs, then access their profiles etc using CB. your bridge sychronise my joomla / CB users with phpbb? Phpbb will only be available to registered and logged in users, so the usernames will be created first.
The bridge can copy users from Joomla to phpBB and vice-versa, next you can setup phpBB permissions and all forums will be available for logged users only.
3. Will the usernames in phpbb link back to the that users cb profile by any chance?
Yes, it is possible to auto-redirect phpBB profile link to CB profile link.
rowberry

Post by rowberry »

Thank you for your quick reply. We have gone ahead and purchased your bridge, we are very happy with it so far :)
rowberry

Post by rowberry »

Please could you tell me, is it possible to create a signature in the cb profile that syncs with phpbb? I cant seem to do it at the moment!
Thanks

I did click on your 'support center' link but it took me to a page of ads?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Name: Administrator
Browser: Chrome

Post by Admin »

Support Center https://alterbrains.zendesk.com/works for all users, please try again.