Sites with different languages

Multisites manager and data sharing solution for Joomla!
Forum rules
This forum is not for any support questions/issues/features. Please use Support Center for such requests.
just2zang
Name: Chrys
Browser: ie

Sites with different languages

Post by just2zang »

Hi there. This is a pre-sales but also a support question. I am currently in the process of developing a websites utilizing realtyna rpl 8 real estate component (www.realtyna.com/‎).

I want to achieve two things. Firstly I want to have various domains sharing the same property database so I dont need to replicate properties, this is an option however.

However I would like each site to have its own template and slightly different content and menu links to content. The reason for this is that in some sites I would like to disable the ability to view certain types of property. For instance I may have a paid listings site that deals with rentals or holiday lets and I may have a site that only deals with premium sales.

Since my template for one site wont have the ability to select a catagory for holiday lets, it wont shown in the listings as the assigned property search module will be page/template specific.

Second of all I would like to have the ability for the user to select the language of the site. I notice that joomfish is not compatable. Also it may be that a specific country level domain e.g. .ru will automatically load up in Russian rather than in English. The languages I would like to use are english, greek, arabic, russian, german and chinese. I kow that rpl has its own .ini file for each language, the the heading descriptions of the main component. Since most things relate to simple yes and no answers or numbers or rooms, toilets etc things are pretty easy and pre-defined.

Any help on the matter is highly appreciated
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Name: Administrator
Browser: Chrome

Re: Sites with different languages

Post by Admin »

I want to achieve two things. Firstly I want to have various domains sharing the same property database so I dont need to replicate properties, this is an option however.
That's possible, you also need to use single hosting account for all sites, so files (images) will be also shared. Please email this component to alterbrains at gmail dot com, we need to check if sharing is possible first.
However I would like each site to have its own template and slightly different content and menu links to content. The reason for this is that in some sites I would like to disable the ability to view certain types of property. For instance I may have a paid listings site that deals with rentals or holiday lets and I may have a site that only deals with premium sales.
Each site can have own default Joomla template style.
Since my template for one site wont have the ability to select a catagory for holiday lets, it wont shown in the listings as the assigned property search module will be page/template specific.
You can use module layout overrides for each Joomla template as usual.
Second of all I would like to have the ability for the user to select the language of the site. I notice that joomfish is not compatable. Also it may be that a specific country level domain e.g. .ru will automatically load up in Russian rather than in English. The languages I would like to use are english, greek, arabic, russian, german and chinese. I kow that rpl has its own .ini file for each language, the the heading descriptions of the main component. Since most things relate to simple yes and no answers or numbers or rooms, toilets etc things are pretty easy and pre-defined.
Each site, i.e. http://www.realtyna.ru can have own default language as usual.