Presale share content and menu

Multisites manager and data sharing solution for Joomla!
Forum rules
This forum is not for any support questions/issues/features. Please use Support Center for such requests.
toomanylogins
Name: Paul
Browser: Firefox

Presale share content and menu

Post by toomanylogins »

hello,

I have been reading the presales questions in the forum but none seem to answer this particular question.

I have three business domains all separate joomla 2.5 installations on the same server using the same copy of mysql each of the separate database.

I have a fourth domain which is a simple joomla site consisting of a menu and articles. These are my help for our customers. At the moment I display the help of via wrapper link in the three domains mentioned above. The problem with this solution is the SEF does not work with the wrapper. Therefore I would like to share the content from the help site with the three domains.

Is it possible to share the help content and menu only and if you update help articles and menu this is displayed in the business domains. Each business domain has additional content articles so this would be a question of sharing by category or something similar.

Thanks
Paul
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Name: Administrator
Browser: Chrome

Re: Presale share content and menu

Post by Admin »

You can share only ALL menus and menu items, same for article - only ALL articles.
But note that each site can be configured to display only its articles: so all sites will load same categories and articles, but each site will display articles only from selected category.
Menus should be different in this case because you setup which category to display in menu item settings.