PreSale Question

Multisites manager and data sharing solution for Joomla!
Forum rules
This forum is not for any support questions/issues/features. Please use Support Center for such requests.
zammitoj
Name: Rick

PreSale Question

Post by zammitoj »

Hello,

I am looking into purchasing the MightySites extension and had a few questions that I hope you can help me with.

I am trying to set my website up as followed due to one extension is only able to be used by administrators.

www.website.com = main website
www.website.com/database1(different Joomla site1)
www.website.com/database2(different Joomla site2)
continued...

My reasoning is since it has its own database and a different Joomla install that I can assign a specific person to manage the different sites with access to the backend of those sites and not access to sites there are not assigned too.

For example - I have access to all sites. Person 1 has access to Database1 (Joomla site1) and not Database2 (Joomla site2) and vice versa for Person 2.

I am using the following extensions:
Community Builder
DT Register
DocMAN
Rentelot PRO (This is the extension that does not allow for multi users)

I know this is a lot of work on my side with back-ups and maintaining, but will this set-up work with MightySites? Hope its not too confusing.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Name: Administrator
Browser: Chrome

Re: PreSale Question

Post by Admin »

MightySites doesn't allow sites in folders if you want to run them in single Joomla installation:
http://www.website.com/database1 is not possible
database1.website.com is fine

If http://www.website.com/database1 uses own Joomla installation - that's fine.

You need to share users, but don't share permissions.

In this case you can create separate Admin usergroup for each site and setup permissions (permissions are unique per site and not shared) to allow only users from site's admin group to login to backend.