Pre Purchase Questions

Multisites manager and data sharing solution for Joomla!
Forum rules
This forum is not for any support questions/issues/features. Please use Support Center for such requests.
Krutsie
Name: Joel Krutsinger
Browser: google chrome

Pre Purchase Questions

Post by Krutsie »

I am the webdesigner for a company that sells Motorsports safety products. I've created a few websites for them in html5 but they recently contacted me about having one database for all the "Helmet"domains they own. I want to create this in Joomla and need to know if Mighty sites is what I need.
For example they own,
1.Racinghelmets.com
2.racehelmets.com
3.Racinghelmet.com
4.racehelmet.com
All these website need the exact content but different templates.

Now that those are created ,They also own all the brand name domains.
For example:
1.Impacthelmets.com
2.impacthelmet.com
3.Bellhelmet.com
4.Pyrotecthelmet.com
5.simsonhelmet.com
6.zamphelmet.com

Is it possible to use all these websites with Mighty Sites,have all content listed on the helmet sites and just limit brand names to the brand name sites? I don't want impact helmets on the bell page.

I don't see anyplace where they have a sample of the product being used. could a sample be shared with me? Thanks in advance!
Joel
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Name: Administrator
Browser: Chrome

Re: Pre Purchase Questions

Post by Admin »

For example they own,
1.Racinghelmets.com
2.racehelmets.com
3.Racinghelmet.com
4.racehelmet.com
All these website need the exact content but different templates.
Yes, that's possible, you will have a main site with own hosting account, all other domains will be parked domains, so all sites will use single hosting account (so same files).
All sites will use same database tables, so contents will be exactly same in all sites, but MighySites will allow you to setup separate Joomla template style for each site separately.

So for all these sites you will have 1 hosting account and 1 database.

Now that those are created ,They also own all the brand name domains.
For example:
1.Impacthelmets.com
2.impacthelmet.com
3.Bellhelmet.com
4.Pyrotecthelmet.com
5.simsonhelmet.com
6.zamphelmet.com

Is it possible to use all these websites with Mighty Sites,have all content listed on the helmet sites and just limit brand names to the brand name sites? I don't want impact helmets on the bell page.
Same, all these sites can use hosting account of main site and be parked domains.

Each of sites can share articles and categories, so ALL articles will be always same, but each site will have own menus so you can configure it to display articles from specific category only.

That's for sure if each helmet is a Joomla article.
Krutsie
Name: Joel Krutsinger
Browser: google chrome

Post by Krutsie »

I create website but never claim to be able to build databases. In College I learned basic PHPmyAdmin. What would my level our database knowledge have to be to make this work. My employer will drop the money,no problem but I need to make it work. are there tutorials out there to show how to get this setup?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Name: Administrator
Browser: Chrome

Post by Admin »

You should just know how to create database, create database users and assign database users to databases.

That is usually easily done in cPanel hosting panel.

We can always with that if your hosting panel have these features, or you can ask your hosting provider.

I sent you MightySites installation instructions, hope they will help you to understand how it works.