multisites parked domains and seo

Multisites manager and data sharing solution for Joomla!
Forum rules
This forum is not for any support questions/issues/features. Please use Support Center for such requests.
sanjiovani
Name: Sanjiv Khullar

multisites parked domains and seo

Post by sanjiovani »

I have 1 main continent site and 10 country sites each have their own domain.

By adding the country sites as parked domains - will that not impact seo ranking for each country site ?
sanjiovani

Re: multisites parked domains and seo

Post by sanjiovani »

will mightsites work where the additional sites are 'addon domains' instead of
parked domains ?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Name: Administrator
Browser: Chrome

Post by Admin »

Yes, you will be able to share database contents.
But note that domains won't have same files, so i.e. image from site A won't be loaded in site B, you will need to manually copy article image for all sites.
sanjiovani

Post by sanjiovani »

by having each domain as a parked domain - won't that negatively impact seo for each country domain ?

is addon not better from an seo perspective ?

can multisites not work with addon domains
sanjiovani

Post by sanjiovani »

with park domains will i be able to register each country domain with google webmaster separately ? create a sitemap for each domain.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, you can place a special file into root folder for google webmasters, one for each domain.

Same for sitemap, you can submit any sitemap name, not only sitemap.xml but i.e. sitemap_a.xml, sitemap_b.xml etc.
sanjiovani

Post by sanjiovani »

Thanks - can I use multisites with joomla addons instead of parked domain, each site are completely separate sites - the main feature I would like is to connect them with jomsocial.

I also have a concern for SEO - it is more effective for ranking to have separate sites and domains.

with domains set up as parked domains it seems more like a multi domain site instead of completely separate sites connected together.

Hope you don't mind all of the questions - i just want to ensure I fully understand the capabilities and pros and cons.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Thanks - can I use multisites with joomla addons instead of parked domain, each site are completely separate sites - the main feature I would like is to connect them with jomsocial.
That won't work because MightySites can share only database data, but addon domain will use own folders. So i.e. avatar uploaded in site A won't be available in site B.
Though you can share i.e. /images folder via symbolic links, so only /images folder will be same for all sites.
I also have a concern for SEO - it is more effective for ranking to have separate sites and domains.
Parked domain looks like a usual domain for Google. Please advice how parked domain can be less effective for SEO?
with domains set up as parked domains it seems more like a multi domain site instead of completely separate sites connected together.
Yes, exactly. MightySites can also be installed in addon domains and it will share database data, but not files.
sanjiovani

Post by sanjiovani »

Thanks again for your responses.

If parked domain is the best option, i can give it a shot.

The main components i will be using are k2, jomsocial, sh404sef, ohanah events.
how will they work with all of the sites ?

I would like to have each country site with its own database

Each country site will have unique content (primarily using K2) and I would like to have the main continent site to have content from all the sites.

How would that work ?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I guess it won't be possible to share database data of Ohanah events, please create a ticket in our Support Center and attach this component, we will take a look but can 't promise a success.

sh404 may have problems because it stores settings in files. In fact better not use this extension.

K2 and JomSocial are fine.

Each country site can have own database, but not that MySLQ users of country sites should have access to database of main site (they will load k2 and JomSocial data from it).

You can create a separate categories of items in K2, one per each site.

Next you can configure K2 menu item in main site to display items from all categories, but K2 menu item in country site will display items from its category only.