Search found 10 matches

by mmx
October 16th, 2017, 4:51 pm
Forum: MightySites
Topic: Mightysites, 1 domain, 5 subdomains, multi p8pBB
Replies: 7
Views: 23519

Re: Mightysites, 1 domain, 5 subdomains, multi p8pBB

We came up with a workaround solution of assigning different templates to K2 categories which eliminated the need for subdomains. We wanted to do this in the beginning but the customer was dead set on using subdomains. I found two phpBB templates on Themeforest (Milk and Avalanche) that allow its ca...
by mmx
October 12th, 2017, 3:42 am
Topic: Impact on SEO
Replies: 3
Views: 8597

Re: Impact on SEO

Regarding SEO and subdomains, I tried to find a Joomla component to generate XML sitemaps for a domain and associated subdomains. I could not find one but did find a company with a script that could be run as a cron job to generate a single sitemap for both the domain and any number of subdomains. L...
by mmx
October 11th, 2017, 11:36 pm

Found more recent information in this thread. https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?p=3087439#p3087439 The initial table changes mentioned in this thread should work. The core changes to the phpBB code mentioned in the thread should not be necessary. Will try the above tonight. I would imagi...
by mmx
October 11th, 2017, 7:01 pm

The document below dates back to 2003 but the basic concept should still apply because the constants.php file exists in 3.2.1. http://www.neothermic.com/kb/article55.html So theoretically it's possible to install multiple copies of phpBB and configure the constants.php to use shared tables for authe...
by mmx
October 11th, 2017, 5:21 pm

Site cluster is like this: tidewaterexplorer.com activities.tidewaterexplorer.com destinations.tidewaterexplorer.com socialevents.tidewaterexplorer.com environment.tidewaterexplorer.com technologies.tidewaterexplorer.com The domain has no forum but menu has links to forums in subdomains. The five su...
by mmx
October 11th, 2017, 5:03 pm

With phpBB, I believe there is a way of sharing the authentication, authorization and probably other common tables and having separate tables for storing forum content. With earlier versions of phpBB, the configuration file used constants like a language file (like old versions of osCommerce). I'm n...
by mmx
October 11th, 2017, 2:02 am

Mightysites, 1 domain, 5 subdomains, multi p8pBB

Note sure if this is possible reading the case studies. I am thinking about one domain and five subdomains. Already figured out how to handle the SEO for the subdomains using a third-party service to generate the sitemap XML. I want to run one instance of phpBB for each subdomain. I assume Mightsite...
by mmx
September 29th, 2017, 10:41 am
Topic: Access to the user manual
Replies: 157
Views: 251060

Re: Access to the user manual

Another request for the installation instructions. I believe I understand the sharing concept and configuration for the Joomla part of the installation based on your description and restrictions, but I am guessing about bridging phpBB for your multisite concept. That is, installing three separate se...
by mmx
September 24th, 2017, 5:33 am
Forum: Direct Alias
Topic: Direct Alias Pro and GTranslate Commercial
Replies: 0
Views: 4948

Direct Alias Pro and GTranslate Commercial

Has anyone tried using Direct Alias Pro in conjunction with one of the commercial versions of GTranslate? The commercial version of GTranslate is a plugin that can either add a two-character language subdomain (ru.domain.com) or language code (domain.com/ru) to the url. With SEF products, they recom...