Search found 5 matches

by WhatNoWebsite
April 5th, 2015, 9:50 pm
Forum: MightySites
Topic: Multiple sub domains with mixed data sources
Replies: 9
Views: 19316

Re: Multiple sub domains with mixed data sources

Sounds good and thanks for the speedy response. Given the case study above I'm happy we can have a unique look and feel for teh other sub domains by changing the template file. I'm still a bit curious about how ACL is managed though. You mentioned above that MightySites doesn't sync or replicate dat...
by WhatNoWebsite
April 5th, 2015, 9:25 am

I looked at the case studies and couldn't find one that matched, although as I assume you developed the component you would be able to provide more help. Here's what I think would work: Centralised user credentials and subscriptions Each site would have to have a unique template and unique content I...
by WhatNoWebsite
April 3rd, 2015, 5:28 am

That sounds promising. So if I had the following websites: PrimarySubDomain.FloogleBinder.com (for admins) SubDomain01.FloogleBinder.com (for franchisee) SubDomain02.FloogleBinder.com (for franchisee) SubDomain03.FloogleBinder.com (for franchisee) SubDomain04.FloogleBinder.com (for franchisee) A use...
by WhatNoWebsite
April 2nd, 2015, 3:08 pm

OK, a question if I may...

1. If I create sites using Multi Sites would the users register and be authenticated against the main site's DB or the sub domain's DB...?

An updated image of what we're looking to do:

by WhatNoWebsite
April 2nd, 2015, 2:51 pm

Multiple sub domains with mixed data sources

As you'll see from the attached image we want to do something a little different but I believe Multi Sites has done this before so here goes... We'd like multiple instances of the primary website installed on already created sub domains (created through cPanel). Each sub domain should be able to use...