P8PBB bridge: how my homepage url will appear

Ultimate bridge for connecting Joomla! and phpBB 3.
Forum rules
This forum is not for any support questions/issues/features. Please use Support Center for such requests.
plaimview
Name: plainview

P8PBB bridge: how my homepage url will appear

Post by plaimview »

Hi,
I don't have any experience in bridges so, I apologize in advance for my banal questions.
I'm creating a portal with joomla: this portal among other things will have a forum as well, which will be the core business of my website.
I would like to show the forum skin or a forum module on the homepage of the website with the url: mywebsite.com
I'm underlining this point cause I read somewhere that the forum board should be installed in a sub-folder so the page which display the forum in my website will be like: mywebsite.com/forum which is something I wanna avoid in the homepage url...or landing page I guess is called.
I'll have a menu...so the forum will appear also in that section and would be normal to have there: mywebsite.com/forum,
but I wanna ask if using this bridge I could for example put in hompage (mywebsite.com) a module of the forum, such as.....(last topics).
In short, what I'm looking for is having even just a part of the forum in homepage without seeing in the url /forum.
Is it possible?
thanks in advance
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Name: Administrator
Browser: Chrome

Re: P8PBB bridge: how my homepage url will appear

Post by Admin »

Yes, you can place a module with recent forum posts/topics on any page, even on homepage.
plaimview
Name: plainview

Post by plaimview »

thanks for your quick reply.
Just for being sure once and for ever cause I don't trust my english much: you mean I can place a forum module in homepage and the url will be just (mywebsite.com)? without the / forum?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Name: Administrator
Browser: Chrome

Post by Admin »

You can place module on any page, but all URLs will be with /forum