article ID

Allows you to control menu item alias and have short SEF URLs without including aliases of parent menu items.
Forum rules
This forum is not for any support questions/issues/features. Please use Support Center for such requests.
ali
Name: ahmed

article ID

Post by ali »

hi,

is it possible to use direct alias plugin to control URL of an arcticle (not in menu)? I would like to remove the ID number in URL.

Thank you, tom
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Name: Administrator
Browser: Chrome

Re: article ID

Post by Admin »

No, that's not possible.
fiweh
Name: Delroy G James

Post by fiweh »

Is it possible to click on an item in main site and the link takes you to the same content page on the slave site?

ie. Video Module that display latest videos from HDVideoshare on Main and Slave but when click on items in module it takes you to the slave site.

Will there be an option for modules in the content replacement section? I think it would be good have that available for websites that want to display content from other sections of a site but not display them in the main site.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

ie. Video Module that display latest videos from HDVideoshare on Main and Slave but when click on items in module it takes you to the slave site.
No, Direct Alias doesn't change domain link.
Will there be an option for modules in the content replacement section? I think it would be good have that available for websites that want to display content from other sections of a site but not display them in the main site.
No, Direct Alias doesn't work with modules.
JRayfield
Name: John Rayfield, Jr.

Post by JRayfield »

If a menu item goes to an article, then using the Direct Alias for that menu item would, in effect, take the user to that article, and that page could be accessed without the article ID, couldn't it?

At least it seems to work that way on my new site.

John Rayfield, Jr.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If a menu item is of 'Articles -> Single Article' type - it will display article by SEF URL without article ID even without our plugin.

Our plugin can just make URL shorter if this menu item has parent menu item.