Support is defined as after-sales service provided by AlterBrains in solving software conflicts and usability problems, and in supplying updates and patches for bugs and security holes in the program.
Support Fees and Eligibility
Support is offered at no additional cost for subscribers, depending on the subscription type. The subscription limits the support to the domain(s) specified in your subscription. You are eligible for support only if you direct your inquiries to AlterBrains by completing the form located at this address, or by going to Customer Support and clicking on the Ask a question link from the top menu of our website. Any follow-ups and replies are between AlterBrains and the subscriber and will not be shared with 3rd parties unless required by law. You are solely responsible for the information you provide in the above mentioned form.
Any other means of communication are not endorsed unless expressly implied.
A public forum is available to registered members on the website for community-based support not related to technical issues. AlterBrains does not guarantee responses on the forum nor that we commit to monitor it.
In particular cases, AlterBrains requires access to your Joomla! Administration section or to any other website-related administration sections (including but not limited to: your FTP account, your MySQL database, your hosting control panel) in order to resolve your support inquiry. All information you provide will not be shared with 3rd parties and will only be stored by AlterBrains for future references.
Your subscription will be activated after we have successfully received your payment. Although payments are usually done instantly or in the following minutes, our payment processor might not accept your payment, in which case AlterBrains is not held responsible. Any payment processor related inquiries are under the effect of the PayPro Global Terms and Conditions.
Support is offered in English ONLY.
Support is limited to:
- Help and advice regarding our subscriptions and services;
- Help regarding usage of our web site's services and features;
- Help regarding usage of our products;
- Non-documented issues, tips and tricks regarding our software.
- Minor changes and alterations to our products in order to work on your Joomla! installation; please note that we reserve the right to refuse any or all modifications of our software;
Support does not include:
- PHP or any other server-side programming language training; if you wish to modify our products, you are free to do so under the GNU/GPL license. We do not commit to train you or explain any PHP related issues;
- SQL or any other database language training; if you wish to modify our products, you are free to do so under the GNU/GPL license. We do not commit to train you or explain any SQL related issues;
- CSS and XHTML training; if you wish to modify our products, you are free to do so under the GNU/GPL license. We do not commit to train you or explain any CSS or XHTML related issues. Browser incompatibilities are Joomla! template related issues. Our products are tested on several modern browsers (including but not limited to: Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 9, Opera) and usually they fully comply to their standards.
If you do find any bugs in our products' CSS or XHTML code you are free to report them using any of the above eligible methods of communication; Alteration or modifications of our products or any other products (Joomla! related or unrelated) to meet a certain need.
We do provide however a series of tutorials and tips on achieving certain functionalities with our products, under our products' documentation.
We offer no support via email or otherwise for installation, customization, administration of Joomla or any other inquiries not directly related to our products.
AlterBrains is not obligated to provide support beyond the end of the term indicated by your subscription unless you renew your subscription on or before the expiration date by agreement between AlterBrains and you.
Support is provided Monday to Friday, usually from 10:00 to 19:00 GMT.
We guarantee a reply in a maximum of five business days. Business days are: Monday to Friday.
We reserve the right to terminate your service if the support policy is violated. In the event of the termination of service, you are free to use our products under the grant of the GNU/GPL license but you will not receive support or updates from AlterBrains.
We give and expect common courtesy during the application of the support policy. Any foul language will not be tolerated, be it from AlterBrains or from the person requesting the service.
Updates and Changes
The AlterBrains Support Policy may be updated from time to time and are subject to change at AlterBrains's discretion. We reserve the right to modify the Support Policy at any point without prior notice. Even though this Support Policy is effective for subscribers only, we reserve the right to apply all or any portion of it to non-subscribers.