- Using parked domains (also known as "domain aliases") as separate websites hosted on same Joomla installation.
- Ability to create virtual sites in subfolders (http://mastersite.com/subfolder) hosted on same Joomla installation.
- Cloning databases for new sites from existing sites.
- Sharing database data of default Joomla! components for:
Extensions, Permissions, Users, Templates, Categories, Content, Languages, Menus, Modules, Newsfeeds, Weblinks, Banners, Contacts, Smart Search.
- Single frontend login/logout in specified Joomla! websites if login/logout on website with the extension installed (requires installation of plugins to all sites).
- Single frontend login/logout in domains with same top-level domain (http://master.com and http://xxx.master.com) via session sharing.
- No hacks to Joomla! are required*.
- Detailed installation instructions in English.
- Free installation on request (up to 5 slave sites).
- The price includes 1 year none-recurrent subscription. Support, downloads of product add-ons and new versions will be available within this subscription period.
- Sharing database data of 3rd-party extensions from different websites. We can add the desired extension if you wish, please contact Support for checking the availability of using the 3rd-party extension before purchase.
Currently supported extensions (you can share database data of these extensions between sites with different tables, all other extensions work as usual):
JomSocial, JomSocial (except config), Community Builder, Mosets Tree, Sobi2, SobiPro, GridIron, UddeIM, Zoo, DT Register, EasyBlog, JoomSport, RSForm!, RSFiles!, AcyMailing, JCE editor, Adsmanager, JoomShopping, Kunena, K2, ProjectFork, Community Polls, En Masse, Phoca Gallery, Phoca Download, JReviews, Virtuemart (all data), Virtuemart (all data except configuration), JEvents, HWDMediaShare (optionally without config), Akeeba Admintools Pro, Akeeba Backup Pro, Akeeba Subscriptions, Feedgator, Easy Image Gallery (JoomlaXTC), Invitex, jbolo, Appointment Book (JoomlaXTC), Artist Showcase (JoomlaXTC), GeoCodingSuite (Socialables), PowerTabs (JoomlaXTC), PayPlans, Reading List (JoomlaXTC), SocialAds (Techjoomla), Locator, Social Pin Board, Hikashop, Docman, swMenuPro & swMenuFree, VMUpload, DJ-Classifieds, ChronoForms, EventList, Frontpage Slideshow (by JoomlaWorks), JSN ImageShow, JSN UniForm, Widgetkit (1.5.x, not 2.x), RedShop, JV-LinkExchanger, Brute Force Stop, Komento (optionally without config), JSN PowerAdmin, Securitycheck, EXP Autos Pro, MijoSearch, Advanced Module Manager, JCK editor, ReReplacer, MageBridge, Preach it, OS Membership, MijoSEF, OSE Membershop, EasyDiscuss, HS Users, JoomlaQuiz Deluxe, MusCol, All Video Share, Frontend User Access, Joaktree, RSTickets! Pro, AceSEF, AlphaUserPoints, Vip Quotes, Freestyle FAQs, Spider Calendar, JComments, Memorials, PaidSystem, HikaMarket, RSMembership!, JFBConnect, AdAgency, FW Real Estate, FW Real Estate Pro, IProperty, NoNumber Snippets, Zh GoogleMap, JomDirectory, AJAX Register, JMap, Emerald, RSEvents! Pro, JoomBri Freelance, XMap, J2Store, Love Factory, MijoShop (since 2.2.0, MijoShop store ID is supported per site), EasySocial (optionally without config), Auction Factory, HDW Player, Jom Classifieds, RegReminder, FlexiContact, CComment, XTDir for SobiPro, Improved AJAX Login Register, JobsFactory, VMVendor, EShop, FLEXIcontent, CMGroupBuying, JoomGallery, JoomGalaxy, jDownloads, Easy Profile & JSN Social Network, iCagenda, ARTIOBooking, Cobalt, VikAppointments, JoomCareer, Quick2Cart (optionally without config), TJFields, Guru & Guru Pro, OnePage Checkout, BreezingForms, VikBooking, Kandanda, Flickr Suite, Fields Attach, JMapMyLDAP, sh404SEF, Matukio, LMS King, JU Download
Known extensions which can't be shared across few sites with different database tables:
Listbingo, Ohanah, Fabrik, Falang, JDictionary, JoomFish, RokGallery, RokSprocket.
Falang, JDictionary and JoomFish extensions don't allow to load any external database data on a site where installed.
* Only configuration.php file is auto-changed by the component.
Want a new feature? Why not? Please Contact Us!
- Joomla! 2.5.14+ or 3.3.x or 3.4.x installed and working correctly
- MySQL 5, PHP 5.3+
- Joomla! database user should have access to databases with shared content (that usually means that your sites should be located within same hosting account of same hosting provider)
- Copy of databases and share contents require all sites to use same MySQL host
- All sites should use domain root, i.e. in http://domain.com, not http://domain.com/joomla/ if you want to serve multiple sites from single Joomla installation. It won't work with http://localhost/mysite, you will need to setup virtual hosts (please be sure that you know how).
- You should be able to create parked domains in your hosting panel for creating virtual domains.
- Your server should allow symbolic links creation for creating virtual domains like http://mainsite.com/xxx
- It's only possible to share all items of same type (all records from same database table)
- You can't separate settings of the components which use files for storing data, i.e. Community Builder
- You can't share certain categories of Joomla articles, only all categories. Same for articles - you can share only all articles
- Content sharing doesn't work with JoomFish, JDictionary and other extensions which use custom database handler
- Backend edit of 3rd-party websites works in standard backend templates only (Bluestork for Joomla 2.5 and Isis for 3.0+)
- Templates with unstandard Joomla settings storage (i.e. YooTheme) doesn't allow multiple template styles of single template for multiple sites sharing same files.
- We can't guarantee that MightySites will work with any Joomla extension.
- Feature: new site override settings 'Display Menu Items' and 'Display Modules' allow to leave only certain menu items and modules. It helps to easier customize sites which use same database tables.
- Featrure: Default Template Style override should not be applied if current menu item has own assigned template style.
05 March 2015 - ver. 3.2.6:
- Fix: possible issue with subfolder sites and single RewriteBase limit.
- Fix: issue with selection of other language than overridden default language.
- Feature: advanced component setting 'Support Varnish' helps to deal with Varnish cache.
- Fix: issue with language override file on Joomla 3.3.
- Fix: Joomla 3.4 language override.
03 September 2014 - ver. 3.2.5:
- Feature: now CLI mode uses configuration of master site (i.e. Akeeba backup via CLI will load global configuration of master site). Akeeba backup cron job can use CLI command now instead of previously required 'wget'.
- Feature: move of sites configuration files into /components/com_mightysites/configuration folder. By default files were stored in root folder of Joomla installation.
- Fix: punycode for IDN host names.
- Feature: ability to override 'File Path' and 'Image Path' settings of Media Manager.
- Feature: ability to override 'New User Registration Group' per site.
- Fix: wrong alias confiig.
- Feature: 'mightysites' group of plugins for adding own components for data sharing with onMightysitesGetSynchs and onMightysitesCreateReplacements events.
- Feature: new site now inherits all settings (including sharing options and overrides) from 'Configuration Source' site.
14 May 2014 - ver. 3.2.4:
- Fix: mod_security improvements.
- Fix: Joomla 3.3 compatibility.
07 March 2014 - ver. 3.2.3:
- Feature: Domain aliases (domains which don't have own config but use config of other sites).
- Fix: cloning of MySQL views.
- Fix: logout issue with system cache enabled.
14 January 2014 - ver. 3.2.2:
- Fix: language override in Joomla 3.2.1
13 January 2014 - ver. 3.2.1:
- Fix: language override in Joomla 3.2.1
04 January 2014 - ver. 3.2.0:
- Feature: custom Favicon for each site.
- Feature: advanced setting 'MijoShop store ID' per site.
- Feature: ability to hide modules in slave sites running in same database
21 Nov 2013 - ver 3.1.9:
- Joomla 3.2 compatibility.
27 Oct 2013 - ver. 3.1.8::
- Feature: ability to share all Virtuemart data without configuration.
- Fix: issue with copy/delete of MySQL views.
- Feature: force install SQL execution on component update when installing extensions in slave site.
- Feature: display of site secret key in backend site settings.
27 Sep 2013 - ver. 3.1.7:
- Added ability to remove certain menu items.
14 July 2013 - ver. 3.1.6
- Fix of warning in development mode of error reporting
20 June 2013 - ver. 3.1.5
- Removed Articles and Categories synchronization
17 June 2013 - ver. 3.1.4
- Added Articles and Categories synchronization
24 May 2013 - ver. 3.1.3
- Sharing of Tag and Tags references
12 May 2013 - ver. 3.1.2
- Fix: issue with language override
28 Apr 2013 - ver. 3.1.1
- Fixed compatibility issue with Joomla 3.1.+
18 Apr 2013 - ver. 3.1.0
- Added support for virtual sites http://domain.com/folder
31 Dec 2012 - unified ver. 3.0.2 for Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.0
20 Dec 2012 - ver. 3.0.1 for Joomla 3.0:
- corrected issue with wrong original homepage link if homepage overwrite is used for multi-language site
- corrected issue with non-mysql database drivers
08 Dec 2012 - ver. 3.0.0 for Joomla! 3.0