- Using parked domains (also known as domain aliases) as separate websites hosted on same Joomla! installation
- Ability to create virtual sites in subfolders (http://mastersite.com/subfolder) hosted on same Joomla! installation
- Cloning databases for new sites from existing sites
- Using database data of default Joomla! components for:
Extensions, Permissions, Users, Sessions, Templates, Categories, Content, Languages, Menus, Modules, Newsfeeds, Weblinks, Banners, Contacts, Smart Search
- Single frontend login/logout in specified Joomla! websites if login/logout on website with the extension installed (requires installation of plugins to all sites)
- No hacks to Joomla! are required*
- Overrides for sites running with single database and files: custom CSS files, custom homepage menu item selection, custom template style selection, ability to hide specific menu items, custom Favicon image, custom language file loading.
- Detailed installation instructions in English
- Free installation on request
- The price includes 1 year none-recurrent subscription. Support, downloads of product add-ons and new versions will be available within this subscription period
- Using database data of 3rd-party extensions from different websites. We can add the desired extension if you wish, please contact Support for checking the availability of using the 3rd-party extension before purchase
Currently supported extensions (you can share database data of these extensions, all others work as usual):
JomSocial, JomSocial (except config), Community Builder, Mosets Tree, Sobi2, SobiPro, GridIron, UddeIM, Zoo, DT Register, EasyBlog, JoomSport, RSForm!, RSFiles!, AcyMailing, JCE editor, Adsmanager, JoomShopping, Kunena, K2, ProjectFork, Community Polls, En Masse, Phoca Gallery, Phoca Download, JReviews, Virtuemart (all data), Virtuemart (all data except configuration), JEvents, HWDMediaShare, Akeeba Admintools Pro, Akeeba Backup Pro, Akeeba Subscriptions, Feedgator, Easy Image Gallery (JoomlaXTC), Invitex, jbolo, Appointment Book (JoomlaXTC), Artist Showcase (JoomlaXTC), GeoCodingSuite (Socialables), PowerTabs (JoomlaXTC), jPayPlans, Reading List (JoomlaXTC), SocialAds (Techjoomla), Locator, Social Pin Board, Hikashop, Docman, swMenuPro & swMenuFree, VMUpload, DJ-Classifieds, ChronoForms, EventList, Frontpage Slideshow (by JoomlaWorks), JSN ImageShow, JSN UniForm, Widgetkit, RedShop, JV-LinkExchanger, Brute Force Stop, Komento, JSN PowerAdmin, Securitycheck, EXP Autos Pro, MijoSearch, Advanced Module Manager, JCK editor, ReReplacer, MageBridge, Preach it, OS Membership, MijoSEF, OSE Membershop, EasyDiscuss, HS Users, JoomlaQuiz Deluxe, MusCol, All Video Share, Frontend User Access, Joaktree, RSTickets! Pro, AceSEF, AlphaUserPoints, Vip Quotes, Freestyle FAQs, Spider Calendar, JComments, Memorials, PaidSystem, HikaMarket, RSMembership!, JFBConnect, AdAgency, FW Real Estate, FW Real Estate Pro, IProperty, NoNumber Snippets, Zh GoogleMap, JomDirectory, AJAX Register, JMap, Emerald, RSEvents! Pro, JoomBri Freelance, XMap, J2Store, Love Factory, MijoShop (since 2.2.0)
Known extensions which can't be shared across few sites:
Mijoshop, Listbingo, Ohanah, Fabrik, Falang, JDictionary, JoomFish. Falang, JDictionary and JoomFish extensions don't allow to share any database data.
* Only configuration.php file is auto-changed by the component.
Want a new feature? Why not? Please Contact Us!
- Joomla! 2.5.14+ or 3.1.x installed and working correctly
- MySQL 5, PHP 5.3+
- Joomla! database user should have access to databases with shared content (that usually means that your sites should be located within same hosting account of same hosting provider)
- Copy of databases and share contents require all sites to use same MySQL host
- All sites should use domain root, i.e. in http://domain.com, not http://domain.com/joomla/ if you want to serve multiple sites from single Joomla installation. It won't work with http://localhost/mysite, you will need to setup virtual hosts (please be sure that you know how).
- You should be able to create parked domains in your hosting panel for creating virtual domains.
- Your server should allow symbolic links creation for creating virtual domains like http://mainsite.com/xxx
- You can't separate settings of the components which use files for storing data, i.e. Community Builder
- You can't share certain categories of Joomla articles, only all categories. Same for articles - you can share only all articles
- Content sharing doesn't work with JoomFish, JDictionary and other extensions which use custom database handler
- Backend edit of 3rd-party websites works in standard backend templates only (Bluestork for Joomla 2.5 and Isis for 3.0+)
- Feature: custom Favicon for each site.
21 Nov 2013 - ver 3.1.9:
- Joomla 3.2 compatibility.
27 Oct 2013 - ver. 3.1.8::
- Feature: ability to share all Virtuemart data without configuration.
- Fix: issue with copy/delete of MySQL views.
- Feature: force install SQL execution on component update when installing extensions in slave site.
- Feature: display of site secret key in backend site settings.
27 Sep 2013 - ver. 3.1.7:
- Added ability to remove certain menu items.
14 July 2013 - ver. 3.1.6
- Fix of warning in development mode of error reporting
20 June 2013 - ver. 3.1.5
- Removed Articles and Categories synchronization
17 June 2013 - ver. 3.1.4
- Added Articles and Categories synchronization
24 May 2013 - ver. 3.1.3
- Sharing of Tag and Tags references
12 May 2013 - ver. 3.1.2
- Fix: issue with language override
28 Apr 2013 - ver. 3.1.1
- Fixed compatibility issue with Joomla 3.1.+
18 Apr 2013 - ver. 3.1.0
- Added support for virtual sites http://domain.com/folder
31 Dec 2012 - unified ver. 3.0.2 for Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.0
20 Dec 2012 - ver. 3.0.1 for Joomla 3.0:
- corrected issue with wrong original homepage link if homepage overwrite is used for multi-language site
- corrected issue with non-mysql database drivers
08 Dec 2012 - ver. 3.0.0 for Joomla! 3.0