- Installed as usual Joomla! extension
- Works in frameless mode (displays phpBB as usual Joomla! component inside your Joomla! template, special phpBB templates are required) and in standalone mode (any phpBB template can be used)
- No hacks to Joomla! or phpbb3 is required
- Bi-directional synching of login/logout in either Joomla! or phpbb Bi-directional synchronization of registrations in either Joomla! or phpbb
- Bi-directional synching of changing profile data in either Joomla! or phpbb including language, timezone settings and Joomla profile fields (fields by User - Profile plugin)
- Bi-directional synching of Backend user manager in either Joomla! or phpbb (add/edit/delete/block/unblock/activate actions)
- Silent account transfer of either Joomla! or phpBB user after logging in either Joomla! or phpBB
- Most phpBB profile-related changes are triggered by Joomla! user plugins - certain Joomla! 3rd-party extensions are able to synchronize the profile data after changing forum profile
- SEF URLs
- Extra SEO features: using forum's descriptions and topics first post as meta description, optional inclusion of forum alias in topic URL, optional including of all parent forums in topic URL, append or prepend sitename to meta title
- Forums and posts titles aliases for URLs
- Configurable page title structure - ability to choose first word
- Ability to skip phpBB info pages after login/logout in the forum
- Joomla! pathway can be inherited from phpBB
- Ability to assign any phpBB custom profile field to Joomla! "Name" field
- Assign Joomla 1.7+ usergroups to phpBB groups with synchronization during profile edit
- Ability to redirect phpBB registration and lost password to Joomla! equivalents, phpBB profile to any URL
- Redirecting of forum user profile to Community Builder or JomSocial profile
- phpBB login and registration restrictions are applied in Joomla!
- Integration of WebSnapr bubbling screenshots for the links in topic posts (demo is here)
- Optional disable of 'System - Cache' plugin for forum pages
- Community Builder basic support (users created and deleted in the forum are created and deleted in Community Builder) + advanced integration (avatars, profile fields and connections synchronization of changes, PM links in CB profile and login module, phpBB signature field type, posts count and rank image in CB status area), user's forum posts tab
- JomSocial basic integration (users registered in JomSocial are created in phpBB) + advanced integration (avatars, profile fields and connections synchronization of changes, user's forum posts application, forum links in profile menu, auto-creating of phpBB forums and groups for JomSocial groups, synchronizing groups join, leave and delete, link to phpBB group's forum in JomSocial group page)
- JomSocial application displays user's posts in his profile
- AlphaUserPoints integration (new topic and new post rules)
- Extension plugin for Xmap sitemap
- Ability to use current Joomla! language in phpBB (phpBB language can be switched via JoomFish)
- Fast and elegant, no additional database queries are executed upon none-account related actions
- Detailed installation instructions are supplied
- Highly-configurable 'Latest Activity' module
- Highly-configurable 'Forum Tags' module
- Joomla! search plugin for searching phpBB forum
- Joomla!-to-phpBB users converter with support of JomSocial and Community Builder avatars and profile fields
- phpBB-to-Joomla! users converter with support of JomSocial and Community Builder avatars and profile fields
- 30% discount for "p8pbb comments" extension
- Free installation on request
Frameless mode requires using of special phpBB templates. The main purpose of this is to create the proper HTML structure and avoid CSS conflicts with the Joomla! template. We have modified standard phpBB templates and in most cases they will feet your Joomla! template, though we don't guarantee that and some small CSS modifications can be required from your side. Special phpBB templates are supplied - jProSilver and jSubSilver. Note that we don't sell these templates. Any phpBB3 template can be modified to be used in frameless mode. Our demo forum works with the bridge and uses frameless mode, you can switch modified templates in your forum profile right here.
We also offer a service of Kunena-to-phpBB3 conversion which carefully converts all Kunena data including smilies, ranks, attachments, users, moderators and avatars from either Community Builder, JomSocial or Kunena. Converter can be used for converting large Kunena forums (tested on forum with 5000+ members and 25000+ replies). Kunena 3.0.1+ will is required.
Want a new feature? Why not? Please Contact Us!
- Joomla! 2.5.14+ or 3.1.5+ or 3.2.0+ installed and working correctly
- phpBB 3.0.12+ (3.0.x) installed and working correctly
- Apache 1.3+ webserver with mod_rewrite, also working correctly. May work on IIS with mod_rewrite like http://www.micronovae.com/ModRewrite/ModRewrite.html. We don't help with configuring IIS rewrite.
- PHP 5.3+ with register_globals Off
- MySQL 5
- "mysql" database drivers for both Joomla! and phpBB
- Enabled Joomla! options "Search Engine Friendly URLs" and "Use Apache mod_rewrite"
- Joomla! and phpBB should be installed on the same domain
- Joomla! should be installed in the root domain folder (i.e. http://site.com, not http://site.com/joomla/), phpBB should be installed in the first-level domain folder (i.e. http://site.com/phpBB3, not http://site.com/joomla/phpBB3/, not http://site.com)
- phpBB GZip compression should be off
- Same cookie domain settings for Joomla and phpBB
- Few lines of code should be added in Joomla! .htaccess file
- Usernames shouldn't be allowed to be changed by user in both systems (possible to change it only in Backend)
- We can't guarantee that the bridge will work with any phpBB MOD, i.e. it won't work with SEO MOD (but note that the bridge has its own SEO features) or phpBB Gallery.
- Special phpBB templates for frameless bridge mode (adopted prosilver and subsilver2 are supplied)
- Small patch for RocketTheme phpBB styles can be required
- Advanced CB integration requires CB 1.2.2+
- Advanced JomSocial integration requires JomSocial 2.8.3+, not all features work with JomSocial 3 (in progress)
- Using 3rd-party SEF Joomla extensions may require using same database for Joomla and phpBB
- The price includes 1 year non-recurrent subscription. Support, downloads of product addons and new versions will be available within this subscription period.
- Feature: better RokBB and RocketTheme styles compatibility.
19 February 2013 - ver. 3.2.1:
- Fix: phpBB activities are not displayed in JomSocial stream.
- Improved phpBB password reset synchronization with Joomla.
- Improved registration date synchronization.
- Fix: incorrect password update in phpBB after update in JomSocial 3 profile.
- Feature: phpBB->EasySocial advanced integration.
30 October 2013 - ver. 3.1.0:
- Fix: issue with post links to other sites with same path as phpBB.
- Fix: issue with 'Administrate user' link in CB plugin.
- Fix: issue with link to latest post with disabled setting 'Include parent forums'.
- Feature: optional disable of 'System - Cache' plugin for forum pages.
- Fix: issue with updating password from backend profile.
- Fix: issue with activating/deleting Joomla users from phpBB inactive users list.
- Update: JomSocial 3 compatibility.
29 July 2013 - ver. 3.0.9:
- Fix: issue with search plugin not returning results.
- Ability to apply phpBB forum read permissions to list of topics in Latest Activity module.
- Fixed issue with users import in Joomla 3.1.4
07 June 2013 - ver. 3.0.8:
- SEO improvement: removing duplicate title of topic print view page.
- Improvement: added compatibility with email authentication in Joomla, user can login with email in phpBB now if he was authenticated by email in Joomla.
- Fix: issue with non-https links in Xmap plugin.
- Improvement: removed previous document base overwrite.
- New features in latest forum activity module: new setting 'Only Unread Items' which allows you to display i.e. only unread topics, and 'Show Unread Status' which highlights unread topics or posts. 'Show Replies Count' allows you to display count of replies in topic.
- Improved handling of topic canonical link, added next/prev meta tags for topic page.
- Corrected remembering login behavior in redirect to phpBB page with missed phpBB session
28 Apr 2013 - ver. 3.0.7
- Fixed issue: updating phpBB avatar in CB with disabled avatar upload.
- Fixed issue: copy of phpBB users to Joomla with certain mapped JomSocial fields.
- Fixed issue: Joomla 3.1+ compatibility.
- Feature added: new setting 'Skip Unanswered Topics' of latest activity module, it allows you to select forums which unanswered topics won't be displayed.
26 Feb 2013 - ver. 3.0.6
- 'Max Title Chars' setting was not applied in activity module.
- New SEO settings 'Prepend title with' and 'Append title with'.
- Fixed issue with synchronizing custom phpBB fields with CB.
- Updated the code for new activity stream in JomSocial 2.8.3.
21 Jan 2013 - ver. 3.0.4
- Fixed submenu toolbar items for JomSocial 2.8.0.
- Added Joomla-to-phpBB and phpBB-to-Joomla users converters.
13 Jan 2013 - ver. 3.0.3
- Fixed Joomla search plugin in Joomla 3.
- Improved Joomla 3 support.
31 Dec 2012 - ver. 3.0.2, unified version for Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.0
- Added native Joomla version updater.
19 Dec 2012 - ver. 3.0.1 and 1.1.16:
- Added ability to synchronize changes of Joomla profile fields with phpBB fields.
30 Nov 2012 - version 3.0.0 for Joomla 3