Pre-Sales Questions

Ultimate bridge for connecting Joomla! and phpBB 3.
Forum rules
This forum is not for any support questions/issues/features. Please use Support Center for such requests.
MrAnonymous
Rookie
Rookie
Name: Neel

Re: Pre-Sales Questions

Post by MrAnonymous »

Admin wrote:If user A saves his profile and his email already exists with another user - he won't be able to save his profile. So all emails should be unique.
So what will happen say if I am using the build-in converter of users to copy users from phpBB to Joomla? Since there isint actually a user saving their profile manually, will this auto converter throw an error for those users without unique email id? How is it handled then? I am a bit confused when you said they wont be able to save their profile, does it mean even if the auto converter is used, users will still be redirected to their profile page when they first login? Can you explain how this works please?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Name: Administrator
Browser: Chrome

Post by Admin »

A user will not be copied if his email already exists. So Joomla will have only users with unique emails.
But if a user with duplicate saves his profile in phpBB - he won't be able to save it because his email can belong to another user in Joomla.

So first you need to ensure that each user has unique email in phpBB.
MrAnonymous
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MrAnonymous »

Thank you so much. I will be purchasing this soon. Love your work! Cheers!
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You are welcome!
MrAnonymous
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MrAnonymous »

Hi Admin, I am in a dilemma whether to use K2 for my new Joomla 3.3 or not. If I do use K2, is there a way to show Forum posts in K2 Profile page like in a Forum tab or something in profile using this p8pbb bridge?

If it doesnt work with K2 profile page, which extension do I use for user profiles where I can integrate this extension together so the forum posts are shown in a separate tab in their profile? When I read around, I think that I can integrate this extension with CB or JomSocial to achieve this. Is this correct? Will the user's forum posts be listed in their profile page then (Joomla's extended profile and not phpbb profile)? How does it work? Can you give me your suggestions please since this is very important to me as I want to have a general user profile page that shows all user's activities in the site including Articles created, Article Comments as well as Forum posts. Your suggestion will be very helpful.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

No, it's impossible to show posts in K2 user profile.

Posts are displayed on CB and JomSocial profile pages via CB plugin or JomSocial application.
We also work on EasySocial application now.

Not sure about which one is better for you - you should find all required profile "parts" first ("Articles created and Article Comments).