Pre-Sales Questions

Ultimate bridge for connecting Joomla! and phpBB 3.
Forum rules
This forum is not for any support questions/issues/features. Please use Support Center for such requests.
liveunict
Name: vincenzo

Re: Pre-Sales Questions

Post by liveunict »

Hello, tanks for your reply.

I just know if it store automatically and simultaneously user in joomla and phpbb3 database so i can have the same number of user in joomla and in phpbb3.

Many thanks
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Name: Administrator
Browser: Chrome

Post by Admin »

Yes, you can register, delete users, save profiles, block/activate/deactivate users in either Joomla or phpBB frontend or backend. Another user will be also changed.
chris26237
Name: chris
Browser: ff3

Post by chris26237 »

Hello,
I've very interested in your product to bridge my Joomla/Jomsocial site with the phpBB portion of my site but have seen some info that has raised additional questions. What has prompted the JED to pull this product from their master list? What is so wrong with your product?

I know you're not going to respond with anything that would be harmful to sales but appreciate your honest perspective and if you have plans to make ammends with the JED or whatever.
Thanks very much for helping me understand this product.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

JED accepts only GPL and not encoded extensions.
Our bridge is encoded and has commercial license.
chris26237
Name: chris
Browser: ff3

Post by chris26237 »

Got it. Not a developer here so nothing wrong with that. I have no plans on hacking your code.

Thanks much for the info/reply.
johnnydement
Name: johnnydement

Post by johnnydement »

Hijacking thread ;)

I just went to pick the extension, and saw that a domain name is asked...

Not that I plan to put it everywhere, but the domain I would use it is not yet even bought (we've not decided name), and our test site is on a subdomain of other project...

So, is that domain changeable later? how many times? does it affect function? I mean, could I use it right now on the test site?
cbos
Name: Clarence Bos

Post by cbos »

Any word on installing joomla in its own folder? If it is fine for testing, will it be fine for live, at this point?

Also would it be possible to install the forum side by side with joomla, so joomla is */joomla and forum is */forum?

Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

No, Joomla should be installed in domain root, i.e.: site.com
happykk
Name: happykk

Post by happykk »

let me see
phpuser
Name: p

Post by phpuser »

Hi, some more questions:

I have joomla in mysite.com, and phpbb3 3.0.7 PL1 forum in mysite.com/forum. Is this ok?

I have SEF enabled in Joomla. Can the forum not using SEF?

What will happen to admins, moderators, users of phpbb? How are they going to show in Joomla (authors, registered, publisher)?

Are there any security issues with the bridge? Please explain.

Why other bridges reset the passwords, and you don’t? How do you decode them?

Please point me to a point-by-point difference between the light and full bridge version.

Are both the light and full versions, non-invasive?

Please explain me how would I upgrade if some newer version of phpBB or joomla comes? (Please explain a. only phpBB upgrade, b. only joomla upgrade, c. both upgrade)

If i use any of your two bridges, and then decide to separate joomla and phpbb3, is there any problem? Will they work stand-alone?

Please explain how to unistall your bridge once i put it.

In my phpbb i have created more fields for my users, e.g. occupation, car, sport, whatever. How is this going to get integrated in Joomla?

Your registration doesn’t show the terms of use etc. the normal phpbb3 forum registration does. Why? How can i sync the registration as in phpbb3?

I want my users to go only through one registration, e.g. through the phpbb registration. Is this possible? What are advantages/disadvantages?

Interesting that i tried to login through your phpbb3 forum and got timed out. And was able to register later with Joomla.

What will happen after the merge to my users that have space or underscore in the login names? Would they be able to login to phpbb3 only? Would they be able to login to joomla and phpbb3? Please explain in detail.

My forum has about 2000 members, and my joomla about 10 members. Is this any problem for the integration?

Are currently any issues with the current versions of light and full bridges?

thanks!