Pre-Sales Questions

Ultimate bridge for connecting Joomla! and phpBB 3.
Forum rules
This forum is not for any support questions/issues/features. Please use Support Center for such requests.
Megarem
Name: Megarem

Pre-Sales Questions

Post by Megarem »

1. Is bridge installed as a phpbb3 auth module?
2. I have live forum with lots of users. Now I want to add joomla and your bridge. I suppose all users will stay intact and there will be no need to reset their passwords (some bridges require it).
3. "Ability to redirect phpBB registration and lost password to Joomla! equivalents". I'd like opposite: redirect registration and lost password to phpbb. Is it possible?
4. Is it possible to look at installation instructions and/or bridge admin panel screenshots?
5. "Alphanumeric only chars in username" Space and underscore are not allowed? What is the reason? What happens with my phpbb users with incorrect usernames?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Name: Administrator
Browser: Chrome

Re: Pre-Sales Questions

Post by Admin »

1. No.
2. Users passwords will be validated against their phpBB passwords, no need to reset.
3. Yes, posssible via .htaccess.
4. No for now.
5. This is Joomla username requirement.
Megarem
Name: Megarem

Post by Megarem »

Admin wrote:1. No.
How does it work then? Phpbb hacks?
Admin wrote:5. This is Joomla username requirement.
I've just created 3 joomla users with space, underscore and minus in their names.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

1. No files are modified in either phpBB or Joomla!. Only few lines of code are inserted in .htaccess.

2. Really works!!! Strange, but we should have the reason to note that, will perform more tests.
felonyone
Name: felonyone

Post by felonyone »

Sorry to jump on someone else's post but I have a presales question as well ....

I looked at the requirements for the bridge installation and the directory strutcture says
Joomla! should be installed in the root domain folder (i.e. http://site.com)
Currently my installation is as follows: http://site.com/Joomla

will this be a problem?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It is fine for testing but live site should be in the root.
In fact /folder should work as usual, but we are still testing this.
felonyone
Name: felonyone

Post by felonyone »

if that is the case is it possible to just move the contents of the Joomla directory to the root directory and things won't break?

i don't want to move the files and break the site as I've already installed a lot of components
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, you can move the contents and edit configuration.php to adjust paths
liveunict
Name: vincenzo

Post by liveunict »

Hello,

I've just create a phpbb3 forum in a joomla site, now i want integrate my forum and my site, so i want buy your component p8pbb bridge but before i want a lot of info.

My phpbb3 and my joomla database aren't the same, so can your component work with this configuration?

If an user register in joomla or in phpbb3 it will store in joomla database and in phpbb3 database? I need to have populated the database tables of users in phpbb3 in joomla becouse i should manage groups with joomla download (remository component).
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

My phpbb3 and my joomla database aren't the same, so can your component work with this configuration?
Yes
If an user register in joomla or in phpbb3 it will store in joomla database and in phpbb3 database?
Yes