Pre-Sales Questions

Ultimate bridge for connecting Joomla! and phpBB 3.
Forum rules
This forum is not for any support questions/issues/features. Please use Support Center for such requests.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Name: Administrator
Browser: Chrome

Re: Pre-Sales Questions

Post by Admin »

- Would the full version run with 3.0.4? (you say 3.0.7 - I know, but maybe its enough to change a few files instead of updating)
It can run, but we can't guarantee stable work with 3.0.4 and can't test this version.
So better update phpBB.
- Would frameless visual integration work?
We can guarantee frameless visual integration only using phpBB and Joomla versions mentioned in the bridge's requirements.
- why is the full version cheaper then the light?
Full version is GPL licensed.
My provider would change my account so that I can use ioncube. But which loader package do I need for MAMP?
You need to use appropriate IonCube loader, i.e. for Windows if you are running Windows.
tonight
Name: tonight
Browser: Firefox

Post by tonight »

Also a pre-sale question.

On my site, there is a forum, where everyone can register.
The joomla content for the registered users is only for members of a fan-club.

So my question is:

Can I only syncronize some selected users from phpbb to joomla or is it an automatism to open the registered content of joomla to all phpbb Users going over the bridge?

And additional question:

If first question is answered in the way that I can determine the users: Can the phpbb-users who aren't synchronized also use the joomla-login to login into phpbb only?

Thanks for the answer.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are using Joomla 1.7 you can create a Joomla usergroup and restrict this content to new access level available for this group only.
New Joomla users auto-created by the bridge will be in default Registered usergroup and won't be able to see this content.

If phpBB user logs in Joomla and there is no same Joomla user with case-insensitive username or emaIl - the Joomla user is auto-created.
tonight
Name: tonight
Browser: Firefox

Post by tonight »

Thank you for your answer.
I'm using only 1.5, so I think there is no practical workaround, bur thanks a lot.
guardiola
Name: gabriel

Post by guardiola »

Hi,

I would like to know if I buy a license can I use for multiple domains ori just one domain/license ?

Thanks in advance !

Regards,
Guardiola
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Just one domain.
aj5r1gg
Name: Andrew Rigg

Post by aj5r1gg »

Does the bridge respect memberships levels across joomla and phpbb? For instance, Joomla membership levels are set up using one of the membership/subscriptions components like "Nice memberships", "Payplans" or "OSE Memberships", with three different levels bronze, silver and gold. And, there are separate forums in phpBB for bronze, silver and gold. Are those membership/subscription levels respected with this p8pBB bridge?

If not, is it planned for future development? If so, are there any incompatibilities with any of the membership components?

Cheers!
Andrew
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

No, the bridge doesn't synchronize Joomla/phpBB permissions and we don't plan to develop this feature.
The bridge synchronizes phpBB groups with Joomla usergroups.
Hazardhands
Name: Ryan Kelley

Post by Hazardhands »

aj5r1gg wrote:Does the bridge respect memberships levels across joomla and phpbb? For instance, Joomla membership levels are set up using one of the membership/subscriptions components like "Nice memberships", "Payplans" or "OSE Memberships", with three different levels bronze, silver and gold. And, there are separate forums in phpBB for bronze, silver and gold. Are those membership/subscription levels respected with this p8pBB bridge?

If not, is it planned for future development? If so, are there any incompatibilities with any of the membership components?

Cheers!
Andrew
I make the same groups in phpbb3 and joomla, then use noixACL / AEC

These are both joomla 1.5 Native what i use. I've tried many others and this does the job. took me awhile to set it up but worth it.

noixACL = joomla permissions. for components / modules / menus / backend access.. etc..
AEC = Membership Component which integrates into phpbb3 / jomsocial and about 15 other types of components with joomla. Setup permissions in joomla with noixACL then use AEC to move users into the usergroup of the VIP forums when they pay for it. I currently use this setup on joomla 1.5 native. Works like a charm.

If you wanna see my setup, u can try a test account on my website iv been using to test the permissions, and making sure the users are transfered in phpbb3 vip forums Username: Test1 Password: 123123 its working 100% on my website at the moment.

My Website: http://killersparadise.net/

You can see the membership area of AEC, it has a Details page / invoice page which is currently disabled at the moment, and once u login and goto the forums u can see the membership on the side menu, Then goto the forums of CrossFire Hacks / Combat Arms Hacks and u can see that it has the vip features they pay for. Im currently in the process of using noicACL to display VIP links to the VIP forums for the usergroup they pay for, that way its easily accessable. If you want i can help you set this up, but not for free as it will take alot of work to get it working on your website properly and making sure it syncs right, if u have "Akeeba Backup Pro" then i would suggest you buying that, the pro version allows u to backup your full website + phpbb3 forum databases.. The Lite free version only does joomla, so if u want i can get this up for u, for a reasonable price. just got layed off a few weeks ago and could use a lil cash :??:
spoonztt
Name: Riyadh
Browser: Opera

Post by spoonztt »

Joomla! should be installed in the root domain folder (i.e. http://site.com, not http://site.com/joomla/), phpBB should be installed in the first-level domain folder (i.e. http://site.com/phpBB3, not http://site.com/joomla/phpBB3/, not http://site.com)
Hello, I was wondering if using a subdomain ( i.e http://test.site.com) would work ? Is there any workaround to this for those who's webserver may already be setup in such a way that installing joomla on the root would be problematic ?