p8pbb bridge for phpbb 3.1

Ultimate bridge for connecting Joomla! and phpBB 3.
Forum rules
This forum is not for any support questions/issues/features. Please use Support Center for such requests.
MrAnonymous
Rookie
Rookie
Name: Neel

p8pbb bridge for phpbb 3.1

Post by MrAnonymous »

phpbb 3.1 is currently in RC2 stage and I am really hoping the stable release is out soon (hopefully by end of this year). Once 3.1 is released, how long you might take to release the updated version for p8pbb bridge for 3.1? Are there any exciting changes to look forward to with the bridge feature and the new phpbb version?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Name: Administrator
Browser: Chrome

Re: p8pbb bridge for phpbb 3.1

Post by Admin »

We already started to adopt bridge for it, it should not take weeks.

Actually it has more technical updates than visible, but the main feature is that default prosilver style has finally become responsive.
MrAnonymous
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MrAnonymous »

Thanks for that. Exciting times.. :)

You are right, prosilver has finally become responsive. So I guess we will be seeing a jprosilver version with the bridge which should be very useful to use as a baseline in creating customised themes for 3.1.

Another feature I like is the notification system too when new replies are posted, user quoted, etc.. With that, would it be possible to redirect the phpbb notification to EasySocial or Jomsocial Notifications if we want so we dont need to have 2 separate notification system like 1 for forum and another 1 for ES?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I doubt about notifications :(
HiopsNerevar
Name: Hiops Nerevar

Post by HiopsNerevar »

have news about the relise time of new version?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

phpBB 3.1 is still in RC status, we even fixed 2 bugs in it :)

So, for now we wait till phpBB 3.1.0 stable is released.

Dev bridge version already works with phpBB 3.1.0 RC-4, so we won't wait too much time since 3.1.0 stable release.

In any case I would recommend to wait and don't use phpBB 3.1.0 stable for about a week, any critical issues can be found :)
sarrene
Rookie
Rookie
Name: sarrene
Browser: Firefox

Post by sarrene »

MrAnonymous wrote:...<snip>...

Another feature I like is the notification system too when new replies are posted, user quoted, etc.. With that, would it be possible to redirect the phpbb notification to EasySocial or Jomsocial Notifications if we want so we dont need to have 2 separate notification system like 1 for forum and another 1 for ES?
We have one notification and PM system for both forum and site. I have disabled the PM's on the forum itself, and have the notification settings turned on for EasySocial. All profiles link to the EasySocial, so messages are handled there as well.

For the view post profile tot he left or right, it does take some php and css edits, but it can be done if you know what you are doing. If you do not know, you can just remove the ability all together.

I hope that helps some.

Edit: In regards to new major updates, i generally wait about a month. Seems to be a good time. Testing is different if done on a test site or local, but for live sites, best practice i have found is to wait about 4 weeks.
Peace is not what you seek in the world, but what you find within yourself.

http://darkrelic.com
Joomla 3.3 + phpbb3 + p8pbb Bridge: Since 1.0.1 + MightySites:Since 1.0.0
MrAnonymous
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MrAnonymous »

Thank you sarrene for sharing. Since my last post, I did disable phpbb PM altogether and using ES PM system for it. For Topic view pages, I am not showing the PM there since the users can always do that from the Profile page.

Also ever since Admin here added the feature of sending Forum notifications to ES notification system, everything became perfect. So the integration between phpbb and ES is more smoother now and I love it..

@Admin: Thanks for the update on the 3.1 version of this bridge. I am eagerly waiting for the release so I can set everything up and finalize them in my testing board before I take it to the production site in a months time. Thanks again for an amazing proactive work that you guys are doing.. Cheers!
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Just fyi - we are performing final tests with phpBB 3.1 right here.
Our forum was upgraded to 3.1.1.
Giancarlo
Name: giancarlo

Post by Giancarlo »

Admin wrote:Just fyi - we are performing final tests with phpBB 3.1 right here.
Our forum forum upgraded to 3.1.1.
I had noticed that your board had been upgraded, it looks very tidy indeed 8)