Presale Question

Multisites manager and data sharing solution for Joomla!
Forum rules
This forum is not for any support questions/issues/features. Please use Support Center for such requests.
JuJ
Name: Julien Echavidre

Presale Question

Post by JuJ »

Hello,

I have actually 2 Joomla 2.5 websites:
- My main website at http://www.mysite.com (which is actually under construction)
- The second one at http://radio.mysite.com (sub domain which is in production, installed in a folder: root/radio/).

I plan to open 3 other websites in this little network (with sub domains).

I would like to share my users between all the sites. On the main one, I will have JomSocial, but not on the others. I would like my visitors to register in only one place, and be able to be logged on all other websites. But I need JomSocial registration to work, espacially the facebook connect.

I used jFusion in the past, and it was just hell for me, with lots of bugs, so I'm afraid to have bugs with this kind of components... But the JED reviews are excellent for your component, so I ask.

So, will I need to re install my sub site? I think so because it is actually installed in a folder: (root/radio/). If yes, I can use Akeeba Backup Pro, will I be able to use it for restoring my site in the network?

The main feature I'm looking for is the users sharing, with only one place for register / login / logout. More would be a bonus for me.

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Best regards.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Name: Administrator
Browser: Chrome

Re: Presale Question

Post by Admin »

MightySites can help you to load users data from main site in all subsites, so users will be always same in all sites (any user-related action in any site will update database of main site). And single login/logout from 1 site to other sites is also possible.

Akeeba should work as usual.
JuJ

Post by JuJ »

Thanks for your answer.
For the users, my sub site (in production) has some users already registered. Is there a way Mightysites fetch these users in the main site?

Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

All subsites will load users from database of main site, so all sites will use database data of users from main site.
JuJ

Post by JuJ »

Ok, so I have to migrate my users. Thanks for your answer!
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, you need to copy users from slave sites to main site.