PreSale: 5 independent sites, sharing users only.

Multisites manager and data sharing solution for Joomla!
Forum rules
This forum is not for any support questions/issues/features. Please use Support Center for such requests.
JameZtownCOM
Name: James Turner
Browser: chrome

PreSale: 5 independent sites, sharing users only.

Post by JameZtownCOM »

Can I do this?

1 main site and 5 different sites - different themes, Example Fitness, Gaming, News, Cars, etc.

Each will have its on forums, menus, Jomsocial Groups,articles etc, related to that site.

Once a user is registered at main site can visit other sites and stay login or re login using their same info, but only have to register once.

Not have duplicate forums, so a forum section about cars, does not appear on the fitness website. Same with articles etc.

If this can be done a few questions.

1) Does each site have its own admin panel to edit menus, forums, etc for that site only?
2) Can I make someone an admin of just one the sites without giving them full access to all sites?

Thanks in advance for your support and hopefully I will be buying this extension soon.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Name: Administrator
Browser: Chrome

Re: PreSale: 5 independent sites, sharing users only.

Post by Admin »

Yes, it possible: all sites will have same users, so no matter where you can register - you can login in any site.

MySQL users of slave sites should have access to database of main site. Each site can either use own files or use same files for all sites (parked domains).
1) Does each site have its own admin panel to edit menus, forums, etc for that site only?
Yes, each site has own admin panel as usual. All other database data except users will be unique per site as usual.
2) Can I make someone an admin of just one the sites without giving them full access to all sites?
You can create a separate usergroup for each site, next assign usergroup to particular user and login permission in Joomla global configuration. So i.e. only users with assigned usergroup 'Site A admins' will be able to login in site A.
JameZtownCOM

Post by JameZtownCOM »

Great so then it looks like this will meet my needs. I see there is a free install option. How do I go about getting this setup? I would like to purchase tomm if possible.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Please purchase first, next create a ticket in support center.
JameZtownCOM

Post by JameZtownCOM »

okay will do. Thanks for a great product. I'm excited about getting this setup. One last thing can the other sites (slaves) be sub domains?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, but first you need to decide if subdomain will use own files or files of main site (in this case it should be created as parked domain).
JameZtownCOM

Post by JameZtownCOM »

When you say use own files, I'm unsure what you are saying. I want to share the users for single login, comments, etc. The only thing that would be shared is if the write in the forums of slave, and someone responds, they can see that when on master site. Or if they click my groups, my events in jomsocial from master, they see events that were created on slaves.

I don't want to have to purchase a domain for each site it possible. I am content with either

example.master.com or master.com/example.

For my situation which one would you recommend?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Same means that you have single folder with files and all sites use these files. So once you upload/delete any file all sites are affected.

Sharing files is required of you share database data, otherwise i.e. user will upload avatar or gallery image in site A and it will be missed in site B.

You don't need to purchase xxx.master.com, such domain can be configured right in your hosting panel.