Pre-Sale Question about MightySites

Multisites manager and data sharing solution for Joomla!
Forum rules
This forum is not for any support questions/issues/features. Please use Support Center for such requests.
AnOriginal
Name: An
Browser: Chrome

Pre-Sale Question about MightySites

Post by AnOriginal »

Hello.

I think this is the product for me but before I buy, this is what I am trying to accomplish:

I have one domain (www.main.com) using one joomla install/database.

I have another domain (www.secondary.com) which I want to use the same joomla database...but I want to use a different template with different design, menus, module positions, etc....all calling on the same K2 items/categories/etc. & all installed components including Phoca Download & BreezingForm.

And, right now, there is an "Under construction page" when visitors go to www.secondary.com...I need to be able to go to www.secondary.com/newsite to test my new site with same data before making it "live". Is this possible? I don't want people to see the new site when they enter www.secondary.com when it is still being developed & not yet finished.

Is MightSites the right product? And, is there a refund policy if I buy & it doesn't do what I hope it will do?

Thanks!
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Name: Administrator

Re: Pre-Sale Question about MightySites

Post by Admin »

So you want www.secondary.com to use own Joomla installation, but need to load K2, Phoca Download and BrForms from database of main site.

That's not possible and www.secondary.com should use same Joomla installation as main site, in this case files and images will be shared and you will be able to use these extensions properly.

Besides MightySites doesn't allow virtual sites like www.secondary.com/newsite, only domain name without folder is posible, eg. www.secondary.com or sub.secondary.com.

So secondary.com shouldn't have own hosting account but it will be a parked domain to main site.

For testing purposes you can create a dummy site like dev.main.com (also parked domain for main.com), once you want to go live you will configure www.secondary.com in MightySites.

Sorry, but don't offer refunds for 'it doesn't do what I hope it will do' reason.
AnOriginal
Name: An

Re: Pre-Sale Question about MightySites

Post by AnOriginal »

Hello.

Thank you for your quick response.

I will still be researching my options but your extension does seem reasonable.

Thanks again.