Jomsocial Users and sharing information

Multisites manager and data sharing solution for Joomla!
Forum rules
This forum is not for any support questions/issues/features. Please use Support Center for such requests.
luvlee83

Jomsocial Users and sharing information

Post by luvlee83 »

Hi,

I have a master site and a slave site. The slave site would be an exact copy of the master site, except it needs to have a DIFFERENT Jomsocial installation. I want my users to be able to have access to both Jomsocial installations using the single login. This means "user 1" has one jomsocial profile and stream on the master site and a different profile and stream on the slave site. But they can access both using one login.

How do I do that?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Name: Administrator
Browser: Chrome

Re: Jomsocial Users and sharing information

Post by Admin »

I think it's possible with MightySites: we can share only Joomla users and single jomsocial users table, so all users will be same (both sites will have same users) but all other jomsocial data will be unique for each site.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Note that both sites should use same MySQL server and MySQL user of slave site should have access to database of master site (all privileges).
fairshuru
Name: fair shuru
Browser: chrome

Post by fairshuru »

Joomla users and single jomsocial users table, so all users will be same (both sites will have same users) but all other jomsocial data will be unique for each site.??
GuL
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, it's possible: Joomla users and single jomsocial users table can be shared, other JomSocial tables can be separate per site as usual.