Backing up and restoring sites using MightSites

Multisites manager and data sharing solution for Joomla!
Forum rules
This forum is not for any support questions/issues/features. Please use Support Center for such requests.
Hennen
Name: Joshua Hennen

Backing up and restoring sites using MightSites

Post by Hennen »

Thank you for a great component and your unparalleled service! I have recently purchased the component and have two sites set up using the Parked Domain configuration where I have the slave site created in the master site (to share folders and files for shared components) but using for the most part a separate database. I use akeeba backup on both sites since they are mostly independent (template, components, etc...) How do I restore the slave site if it crashes? How do I restore the Master site if it crashes?
Thanks again!
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Name: Administrator
Browser: Chrome

Re: Backing up and restoring sites using MightSites

Post by Admin »

"Full site" backup of Akeeba backups both database and files, so each full site backup will restore files used by both sites and database of chosen site.
So Akeeba backup will restore the backup of site where Akeeba is installed, note that files are same for all sites.
Hennen
Name: Joshua Hennen

Post by Hennen »

Great! So in the instance of restoring a slave site, the akeeba archive would be placed in the root directory and then extracted? (Again, speaking of the case where a slave site is installed in the Joomla installation of the master site but with a mostly different database).
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Name: Administrator
Browser: Chrome

Post by Admin »

Backup of any site will restore files used by both sites and database used by specific site.