Access to the user manual

Multisites manager and data sharing solution for Joomla!
Forum rules
This forum is not for any support questions/issues/features. Please use Support Center for such requests.
mbiolsi
Name: Mike Biolsi

Re: Access to the user manual

Post by mbiolsi »

Would you please send me a copy of the user manual too? Thanks!
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Name: Administrator
Browser: Chrome

Post by Admin »

Sent.
momentis
Name: Rick Stoffiere

Post by momentis »

I have a potential new client that is a management company which owns nearly 100 skilled nursing facilities. They are looking to create websites for each of these facilities, all based off of one standard template, but each customized with colors/images based on their site. Each of these facilities will have their own domain name, and I will host all on the same server and MySQL database.

1) Can MightySites handle this?
2) Will I be able to easily replicate/create a new site when they open new facilities?
3) While all content categories are shared, I would assume that I could still designate users that could only affect certain categories, and add content only to those categories on the front end. Is this the case?
4) If content is shared, does this mean that all sites will run from same database tables, all with the same prefix?

If possible, is there any way I could get a copy of the user manual? This would likely help me assess the product more effectively.

Thanks!!!
Rick
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

1) Yes, and I can recommend to use single Joomla installation for all sites, so facilities sites will be parked domains for main site.
2) Yes, easy: you create a parked domain in your hosting panel first, next create a new site in MightySites with optional cloning of database of any current site (facility).
3) You can share content or nor, it's up to you. I can recommend to share Users, but each facility site should have own categories and articles. You can setup certain permissions for categories and only users of certain usergroups will be able to add articles in frontend.
4) Each site can either have own database, or use database of other site but have other tables prefix.
Sharing actually means that site A loads all articles from site B's database table #__content. So any load or changes to/from this table on any site affects single table and table contents (articles) are always same across both sites.

Sent you the manual.
momentis

Post by momentis »

Thanks for the answers and the manual! I am a little confused over one issue, though, so I apologize in advance!!

All of these individual sites (nearly 100) will have their own URL, and will have emails accounts configured. Will the parking of the domain in cPanel affect this? I would assume that when a website user goes to "siteB.com" their browser will continue to show "siteB.com" even if "siteB.com" is parked on top of "siteA.com". Is that correct?

Thanks!!
Rick
momentis

Post by momentis »

Oh, one more thing - can each slave site share the same template? Or, would I simply install my default template on each slave?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You can either share templates and their settings, or each site will have own (separate) templates and styles as usual (except YooTheme templates because they store settings in files and sites which use same Joomla installation will have same template settings).
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

momentis wrote: All of these individual sites (nearly 100) will have their own URL, and will have emails accounts configured. Will the parking of the domain in cPanel affect this? I would assume that when a website user goes to "siteB.com" their browser will continue to show "siteB.com" even if "siteB.com" is parked on top of "siteA.com". Is that correct?
Rick
Yes, correct.
Parked domain is visible to end user like usual domain with own hosting account.
User can't even know if the domain is usual or parked.
momentis

Post by momentis »

Thanks for all the answers!! I am going to purchase the extension!

Rick
afernander
Name: Ambrose Fernander

Post by afernander »

an new request for the manual
Thanks