EasySocial Wish List (for later)

Ultimate bridge for connecting Joomla! and phpBB 3.
Forum rules
This forum is not for any support questions/issues/features. Please use Support Center for such requests.
sarrene
Rookie
Rookie
Name: sarrene
Browser: Firefox

EasySocial Wish List (for later)

Post by sarrene »

A lot of changes have occurred since EasySocial first came out. The last two updates were major. In 1.2.3 update, a lot changed in how things are done. Nice thing is, the last update seems to be the final bits that were changed in the backend that could cause some issues with developing 3rd party apps.

My wish list is for the time that p8pBB3 Bridge catches up with EasySocial and things are running smoothly again. (No fault to the Boss Man here- the staff at ES have been working hard and pushing out a LOT of updates in the last month or two).

User Points:
How difficult do you think it would be to create a rule for EasySocial for forum posts (new topic and new post)?
I was looking through the code, and it seems fairly clear.. for the most part. However, I did notice that the component must be listed in the EasySocial back end first. I was unable to get this to work. I was able to get one made up for EasyBlog though.

Copy Avatars from EasySocial to Phpbb3- This is almost a must. Perhaps more important than the user points, and I think something that Boss man here is working on. I just thought I would state it anyways, before someone else might. :)
So what do you think?

Posts/post count in Profile:
Another nice little bit to have on the profile for users. It could even show Topics started and total posts. I can help with the Topics started. I have a modification I made/borrowed for phpBB3 that does just this and displays it on member list, phpbb3 profile and even on the post profile.

Note: I know there are some issues that will have to be resolved first!! However, I think that these three things would make this the perfect combination. And make P8P Bridge perfect!

If these three things were in, I cannot see why anyone would want to choose JomSocial or Community Builder over EasySocial.. or for that fact.. any type of phpbb3 bridge over p8p Bridge!!

Thanks boss! I look forward to the updates and fixes.. and then being able to move on with progress.. and me getting you even more customers! :)

Peace,
Sarrene'
Peace is not what you seek in the world, but what you find within yourself.

http://darkrelic.com
Joomla 3.3 + phpbb3 + p8pbb Bridge: Since 1.0.1 + MightySites:Since 1.0.0
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Name: Administrator
Browser: Chrome

Re: EasySocial Wish List (for later)

Post by Admin »

In progress... we are building own app for EasySocial...
sarrene
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sarrene »

Oh that is great to hear! :) I cannot wait!!
I am taking a break from game development.. rigging is driving me nuts. So, getting ready to bridge the game and tgs site together using MightySites (again)! Ah, the joys of a new server eh?

Once I get that done, I may have some requests to help with redirects again for the forums to link from TriadGames to DarkRelic.

I so cannot wait! This is exciting! You know I have no problems helping test these out, as does our members. After all, I am a good bug magnet eh? :D

Thank you for the update! You are a gem!

Sarrene'

PS: For anyone that is not sure if p8pbb3 Bridge is for them.. check out http://darkrelic.com/forums (as of right now, the site is not totally optimized- the joys of new servers and redesign) It has and can be faster!

The bridge is great, as is Blogo/Alterbrains/Admin. Ive been using it for..err.. since it was brand new heh.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Oh, we should release own CMS as a minimum after such post :)
Please don't overpraise us!
sarrene
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sarrene »

Now that could be a bit of work! However, if I was not lead developer and artist for TGS, I just might take you up on that offer! :P

MrAnonymous
Rookie
Rookie
Name: Neel

Post by MrAnonymous »

I would love to know the list of features you are working on with p8pbb bridge and EasySocial. I have not yet decided if I want to use JomSocial, ES or CB. EasySocial does look interesting but it really comes down to how much of integration you are planning to have between phpbb and EasySocial using p8pbb bridge.

Love you hear what you are working on and the power of this bridge with EasySocial... :)
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Currently we are working on wall posts on new topics/posts events and groups synchronizations.
MrAnonymous
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MrAnonymous »

wow.... thats awesome! When you say you are working on wall posts on new topics and posts events, does it mean users are able to reply to phpbb topics/posts from their wall itself or does it mean it adds an activity notification on wall when a new topic or post is created? Can you elaborate if possible please? I am really curious to know about it.. :)
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

An activity notification on wall when a new topic or post is created.
MrAnonymous
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MrAnonymous »

Admin wrote:Currently we are working on wall posts on new topics/posts events and groups synchronizations.
With the above notification that gets added to the wall when a user creates or posts in phpbb topics, is it possible to disable comments in EasySocial for that so that users have to come to forum to reply? This is because, I dont users to posts response from EasySocial wall itself then the phpbb forum topic is be empty with just questions.

And, when I tested EasySocial demo, I noticed that when a new topic is created in EasyDiscuss, it adds the wall notification like "xyz started a new discussion" and also shows an icon on the right side of the post (like quotes) that shows 'discussions' on hover. Would something like that be shown for phpbb posts too? Like an icon that stands out so forum activity can be easily identified?