Pre sales question

Multisites manager and data sharing solution for Joomla!
Forum rules
This forum is not for any support questions/issues/features. Please use Support Center for such requests.
treveds
Name: treveds

Pre sales question

Post by treveds »

In your description is says
=================================
MightySites is used for 2 main tasks:
1. Run multiple Joomla websites from single hosting account (all sites use same files but different database data).
2. Sharing of database contents (multiple sites can use same database tables, so these data is always same across all sites).
===================================

Does this mean it can do one OR the other, or can do BOTH at SAME time. And is it interchangeable.

For example Lets say I configure it as "Sharing Database" but then want to change it in the future to "use same files but different database data" can i change it?

Do all of the slave sites (parked domains) have to have the same configuration or can one slave site use option 1(separate databases) and the other slave site use option2 (same database). And can this be altered in the future.

Thanks
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Name: Administrator
Browser: Chrome

Re: Pre sales question

Post by Admin »

Does this mean it can do one OR the other, or can do BOTH at SAME time. And is it interchangeable.

It can do each task separately or both at same time.
For example Lets say I configure it as "Sharing Database" but then want to change it in the future to "use same files but different database data" can i change it?
Yes, you can configure site to use own database tables in the future.
Do all of the slave sites (parked domains) have to have the same configuration or can one slave site use option 1(separate databases) and the other slave site use option2 (same database). And can this be altered in the future.

Each site can use any database details.
treveds
Name: treveds

Post by treveds »

Thanks for the reply,

so lets say I use the clone tables option. Then I upgrade Joomla on a future date. Do the cloned tables on the slave (parked domain sites)also get upgraded?

If I install a third party component at a later date and the component has it own tables, do I have to clone those as well? How does it know which slave site the component is also enabled for?

Thanks
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Name: Administrator
Browser: Chrome

Post by Admin »

so lets say I use the clone tables option. Then I upgrade Joomla on a future date. Do the cloned tables on the slave (parked domain sites)also get upgraded?
Only own tables are upgraded as usual. You need to upgrade Joomla in slave site in order to upgrade tables of slave site.
If I install a third party component at a later date and the component has it own tables, do I have to clone those as well? How does it know which slave site the component is also enabled for?
That depends on how will you use this component and do you share records of Extensions data.
You can just install component in slave site additionally and it will have own tables in slave site.